Thursday, December 19, 2013

One year ago

One year ago we moved here to Virginia.  It’s hard to believe it’s been a year already. It’s flown by. But it’s been a year full of challenges, probably one of the hardest and darkest I’ve ever been through. I don’t do this kind of change easily. It’s hard for me to start over, find new friends, a new church, new doctors, a new normal.  And even after a year, it still doesn’t feel completely like home here.  I’m not sure when that happens.  God has been so good though. I’ve seen His hand move and work in our lives in so many ways over this past year.  He has upheld me through all my struggles, fears, and doubts.  He has planted us in a new church and is building a community of friends, neighbors, and people around us to support us.

Through it all, He’s been the light in my darkness.  And through the struggles of this past year, He’s planted seeds in my heart for a new blog that’s main purpose is to glorify Him and point to Jesus as the light that shines in our darkness.  I believe He’s telling me now to step out and write about some of the things He’s been teaching me. So, in a step of faith and obedience, I’m following Him. 

My new blog is called, “breaking glory”.

Like the dawn rises and breaks through the night, His glory rises on us and is breaking through the darkness.

"God’s bright glory has risen for you.
The whole earth is wrapped in darkness,
all people sunk in deep darkness,
But God rises on you,

his sunrise glory breaks over you."  (Isaiah 60:1-2 msg)

I don’t plan to end this blog though, so keep sticking around.  It’s still fun to pop in here every once in a while and share about more light-hearted things like what we’ve been up to and the latest house projects. But I would like to invite you to come visit me at the new blog too.

 

2 comments:

  1. Moving is so hard... We've been here 3 years now and it still doesn't quite feel like "home". God is still showing me why it's important for us to be here "now". I'm trying to take one day at a time and see where God wants to use me in this day. Love your new blog. Glad you are sharing what God is teaching you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this encourigment !!!
    BB

    ReplyDelete